Summer is here and in this sticky heat smelling good is as important as looking good. Undoubtedly, you want a new perfume and cologne that smells good and so you decided to ditch your old fragrance for a fresh new summer fragrance. While walking to the market you are splashed by the perfume fragrance that lingered in the air and I'm sure a second thought that straightway comes to your mind is to buy similar cologne. STOP!!! And give a thought - Does your personality really belongs to that perfume family or not?? How would you feel if somebody copies your signature cologne?
Copying somebody's cologne can oftentimes bring you both good compliments as well as bad comments. Wearing the right perfume is equally important just like your clothes and mannerism to make the right impression. There is nothing more embarrassing than wearing a wrong fragrance. However, choosing the right fragrance amongst thousands of different perfumes available in the market can be a serious challenge. Before looking into the guide on perfume selection, you should find out to which Perfume and Cologne family you belong to. Well, it is true.
There are several families under which perfume fragrances are categorized broadly. Wondering what is your fragrance profile? Let’s have a look.
- Aromatic fragrance family - thyme, mint, rosemary, cloves, sage and aniseed.
- Fougere fragrance family - bergamot, oak moss and geranium
- Citrus fragrance family - fragrances of Mandarin, Lime, Lemon and Orange.
- Chypre fragrance family - woodsy and more complex fragrances.
- Oriental fragrance family - rich, sophisticated and sensual woody essences with the blend of vanilla and bergamot.
- Tobacco fragrance family - blend of fragrance such as flowers, balsa and woods.
- Woody fragrance family - warm and elegant colognes - the perfect blend of patchouli, sandalwood, cedar and vetiver.
- Lavender fragrance family - Colognes dominated with fresh lavender flowers and blended with woodsy fragrance notes.